Golden Apple Stuffed Fillets
- 1 McIntosh or other New England apple, grated and peeled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t ground mustard
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/4 t dried thyme
- 4 sole, cod, or other white fish fillets
- 1/4 c water or broth
- Heat oven to 400°; lightly oil roasting pan. In medium-size bowl, combine all but last two ingredients and mix well.
- Spread this mixture evenly over length of fillets and carefully roll up.
- Place fillets, seam side down, in roasting pan, and pour broth over.
- Cover with foil and bake 10-15 minutes, or until fish flakes. If using microwave, bake 5 minutes.