APPLE LOVERS of all kinds can support our work by becoming sustaining members of New England Apples.
APPLE GROWERS can promote their orchards by becoming members of the New England Apple Association (see below). Membership includes a listing on this website.
Individuals and non-commercial orchards can join by downloading the PDF membership form.
Membership in New England Apple Association (NEAA) comes with a detailed listing and directions to your orchard on our mobile-friendly website, giving your business year-round visibility.
Orchards update their listing from home or email us the changes. The listing includes a link to your orchard’s website.
Full members receive a photograph of their orchard with their listing.
In addition to its website, NEAA’s annual program of promotions includes:
A WEEKLY APPLE BLOG, now beginning its 12th year, from mid-August through November. Written by Executive Director Russell Powell, author of America’s Apple and Apples of New England, the popular blog reaches thousands of apple lovers each week with photography of member orchards, current crop news, and apple recipes.
A BOOTH in the Massachusetts Building at New England’s largest fair, THE EASTERN STATES EXPOSITION (“The Big E”) for 17 days in mid-September, where Powell and Associate Director Bar Lois Weeks meet with customers and sell orchard-fresh apples, cider, and apple baked goods.
An annual NEW ENGLAND APPLES WALL CALENDAR features orchard photography by Powell and Weeks and a different apple variety each month, plus current apple health news and member orchard listings.
Retail members of NEAA pay annual dues of $500 (full) or $250 (basic). In addition to their website and calendar listing, members have access to a wide range of affordable marketing and promotional services, including:
- Home page advertisements. Member orchards can promote their apples, products, and special events with a weekly ad on the NEAA home page. Contact us for details.
- Calendar photography. Promote your orchard with a beautiful photograph for a month in New England Apples wall calendar. Contact us for rates and availability for the 2020 calendar.
- Video production. Video is an essential marketing tool thanks to social media, smartphones, and search engines like YouTube. Powell and Weeks have produced more than 30 educational programs about New England apples. Their experience and knowledge of apples allows them to tell an orchard’s story efficiently and effectively. Production costs are roughly $1,000 per finished minute of a 5- to 10-minute video. Contact us for details.
- Web support. A big challenge for many orchards and apple businesses is producing fresh content for their websites. Powell and Weeks work on an hourly basis to audit orchards’ websites and social media programs to keep them up-to-date and accurate.
- Business and marketing plans. Powell has written numerous marketing plans for food and agricultural businesses tailored to each client’s mission, goals, and resources. If needed, a consultant works with the orchard to update its business plan.