Apple Turkey Sautée
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 lb turkey breast, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 New England apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 c sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c sliced onion
- 2 T capers
- 1 c apple juice or cider
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley
- In small bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge turkey slices in flour mixture to lightly coat.
- In large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat; add dredged turkey slices and sautée, turning, until browned on both sides and cooked thoroughly.
- Remove turkey from skillet and keep warm. Add apples, mushrooms, onion, and capers to skillet, sautée just until apples are tender.
- Stir in juice to deglaze skillet and simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange turkey on platter, cover with apple and vegetable mixture.
- Spoon sauce in pan over all; garnish with parsley and serve.