Apple Puff Omelet
- 2 New England apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 t cream of tartar
- 1 T confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sautée apples in butter for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over apples and sautée 10 minutes more until caramelized.
- Spoon mixture into 8″ x 8″ baking dish and keep warm.
- Separate eggs. In a small bowl, whisk yolks and sugar until thick.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over apples and bake 8-10 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.